Most charities are required to register with a state agency before engaging in fundraising activities. In Florida, unless your organization falls under a specific exemption, you are required to register with the Department of Agriculture. If you engage in fundraising in others states, you may also be subject to registration requirements. Cowan Consulting for Nonprofits helps with a broad range of issues regarding charitable registration requirements including:
- Florida Charitable Registrations,
- Assisting Florida nonprofits with charitable registrations in other states,
- Addressing notices of deficiency,
- Fundraising consultant registration,
- Fundraising solicitation registration,and
- Fundraising contracts.